Mocetinostat (MGCD0103) is an orally-administered, isoform-selective histone deacetylase (HDAC) inhibitor which has been rationally designed to be a molecular-targeted cancer therapy.
Mocetinostat has shown clinical activity in several Phase 1 and Phase 2 clinical trials both as a single-agent and in combination with Vidaza® and Gemzar®.
Mocetinostat has received orphan drug designation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and has been designated an orphan medicinal product by the European Medicines Agency (EMEA) for the treatment of Hodgkin lymphoma and acute myeloid leukemia. Mocetinostat is licensed to Taiho Pharmaceutical for certain Asian countries.
Advantages of Mocetinostat.
- Rationally designed, potent and selective for class I HDAC isoforms
- Orally available
- Activity against a broad spectrum of human cancer types
- Prolonged pharmacodynamic effect
- Less marrow supression
- Superior efficacy in vivo in preclinical models
- More focused subset of genes affected